After an already intense gaming experience during alpha and beta stages,
Warring Factions (http://www.war-facts.com)
has been released. The persistent universe sports 200,000 detailed star systems
with over one million planets and room for hundreds of colonies on each world.
Warring Factions is the start of a new era for browser based gaming, delivering
a detail in game play not known to this genre before.
Noteworthy features include:
Warring Factions is clearly geared towards the advanced strategy player with
almost limitless options for tactics and strategies.
- A real 3D universe, optionally viewable in real 3D through VRML.
- Every planet and system can be named by players, with exploration being a
significant key to success.
- Every player colony is a small ecosystem of its own, yet only the players
skill limits the amounts of colonies he can found.
- Instead of a fixed tech tree, research in Warring Factions is an open
system, with each player invention being not only unique, but also a trade
- Ships are based on player designs, built from unique blueprints.
- Battles do not happen instantly, they go on over several game hours, with
all vessels being matched up against each other, reinforcements being called
in, or fleets breaking from combat.
A 7-day trial is being offered to evaluate the game. After this period a full
account requires a one-time payment of 10 dollars.